Wednesday 26 August 2009

Sony Entertainment Online Looks To PS3 For 50% Of Business

As PlayStation 3 sales continue to grow, Sony Online Entertainment is looking for the console to account for a larger proportion of their total business.

And by a heftier portion of the pie, SOE President John Smedley is thinking right down the middle.

"I think PS3 will be close to half our business. There's an audience now waiting for online games on the PS3. I believe PSN has over 15 million users today. It's growing so quickly, we see a great user base potential there," he told GameDaily.

"I think a lot of the people who play PlayStation 3 games right now aren't the same people playing MMOs right now. I think (MMOs) going to bring in a lot of new players. There are certainly people who have consoles and PCs in their house. The difference is what they actively play. PlayStation 3 gamers are used to playing Resistance 2 instead of a shooter on the PC. I think we can bring this kind of gaming to this audience and I think it's going to be huge."



Source : www.ps3news.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment